2004 Toyota Corolla Ascent wagon
The purchase of the Toyota Corolla was a culmination of a desire to retain a functional camper vehicle, but significantly reduce the associated expenses of a large 4WD van like the Delica.
We picked up the Corolla wagon in late 2015 after the sale of our Delica van.
Karl went about designing and constructing a folding camper system for it, based on our previous systems that we’d made.
In addition to the lightweight, removable camper system, we have also added the following upgrades:
- Rhino Rack Vortex S2 roof bars (perfect for carrying loads of materials, kayaks, and bulky camping equipment)
- Injection moulded weather shields on the front windows
- Insect-proof mesh window socks for the rear passenger windows to allow airflow at night and privacy when using it as a camper
- Moulded dash mat to reduce heat and UV damage on the dash
- Heavy duty ‘sand trap’ floor mats to minimise mess and cleanup when camping